Singapore is quite a beautiful country with beautiful people. However in recent years it is turning out to be quite the fashion hub. Unprecedented economic growth has caused the rise of new designers and has also attracted big names in the fashion industry. Back in 2011, the city was placed at number eight of the world’s most fashionable cities in a survey conducted by the Global language Monitor. With great fashion events such as the first Men’s Fashion Week which attracted big shot brands such as Hugo Boss and the Audi Fashion Festival, Singapore is growing into a fashion capital of South East Asia.
Fashion in Singapore has also been boosted by the big names such as H&M opening shop outlets in the city. The city offers both high end clothing stores as well as local designers. Depending on your needs and style preference there is something for everyone. Louis Vuitton, Chanel Jimmy Choo, Gucci, Armani can all be found in Singapore. Street fashion is also very vibrant in the city. Louis Vuitton stands out with their Louis Vuitton Island Maison on a floating island near the Marina Bay Sands. There are many street shops with street fashion in places like the Far East plaza.
While in Singapore, you may also want to consider some of the local fashion houses.
One of the most famous Singapore designers is Ashley Isham who even though is based in London, has established his own self-titled fashion brand. Other established fashion brands include;
• Crocodile; this is a lifestyle fashion brand that mainly deals with designs that are functional in nature and classic
• Weekend Sundries; It is an emerging label in Singapore that makes its clothes locally. The designs are versatile with intricate details and are good for everyday wear and function
• Pure earth; Located in the Centre point in Tanglin Mall, it offers trendy designs made using natural light weight fabrics
• Bods.bodynits; this brand is for those looking for sportswear. It offers both male and female sportswear. The collections are developed for sports or activities that range from aerobics to cycling, running, and athletics.
• PARCO next NEXT: This is a special project that has retail stores in the PARCO Marina bay. It nurtures gifted local designers. It offers new and innovative designs from new designers. These are unique and diverse designs that are worth checking out.
These are just some of the must-have brands in Singapore, but there is much more to be explored in this city fashion wise.